- 150 women enrolled in a female literacy program.
- As primary students finish school at 3 pm, the classrooms are filled by women who attend daily from 3-5 pm.
- Besides using the 1st-4th grade curriculum, the women are given health education.
Read about the Birth of CR Women’s Literacy Program
There is an interesting connection between Shoes & Literacy
- Incorporate the basic health education materials developed into adult literacy curricula.
- Seniors provide story-telling and history to the women’s classes.”
- Invite professionals to present to the women’s classes about various topics relevant to them.
- Provide home budgeting and small scale enterprise training.