We offer several different programs for undergraduate students, graduate students, medical students, educators, professionals, and tourists interested in in volunteering.
- College Students, Graduate Students, Medical Students: Programs for January Term, Winter Break Spring Break, or Summer are available.
- High School Students: Summer opportunities to volunteer at our SUMMER CAMP for Ethiopian students!
- Educators, Professionals, Tourists: Short term and long term programs can be arranged.
WINTER TERM: February 1-February 14th–short term volunteer program (OPENINGS), irrigation and construction projects
SUMMER PROGRAM 1: May 28-June 14–medical and nutrition focused program (FULL)
SUMMER PROGRAM 2: July 11-July 30–medical and nutrition focused program (OPENINGS)
SUMMER PROGRAM 3: August 4-August 25- agriculture, literacy, and education focused program (OPENINGS)
Other programs can be arranged for groups with special scheduling requirements. Minimum groups size: 6; contact us for more information.
2013 PROGRAM COSTS:
Winter Program: $1350
Summer Programs: $ 2100
Program fees include all in-country transportation and support, meals and non-alcoholic beverages, village accomodations, accomodations in Addis Ababa, community development grants, program logistics, and staff support. Program fee does not include round trip airfare, visa, or miscellaneous expenses. Unaccompanied minors under the age of 18 years old need to have signed parental permission and will be charged an additional 20% if a parent does not accompany their child.
Our Community Service trips pricing is determined by the location, number of participants and nature of project work. If you are interested in visiting any time of the year, we can arrange and plan your visit. Please contact us for more information by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 415.559.6527
WE CATER TO THE UNIQUE TRAVELER… offering an eco-friendly authentic village life experience.
Eco-Lodge full board and accomodation: $75 @ night
- Stay in Sidama bamboo woven huts
- Eat traditional Sidama cuisine made with organic vegetables from our garden and fresh milk from our cows
- Assist with our development program activities: Elementary school, sports, female literacy, health education, microenterprise, sustainable gardening, nutrition, Senior Council
- Enjoy our local community and culture while contributing your time, skills and energy to developing its future.
Click here for Volunteer Brochure: ALETA WONDO
Click here to download our Travel Orientation Packet: COME TO ETHIOPIA2
Click here to download the volunteer form and application : volunteerformspackage
Read TESTIMONIALS from volunteers and visitors! testimonials
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Email Donna Sillan (firstname.lastname@example.org) .