- On-going female literacy classes: 3 classrooms, 50 students per class
- Provide periodic health education: nutrition, family planning
- Stone Soup demonstrations (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Field trip to Hawassa in 2014
- Opening of bank accounts for all female literacy students in 2015
- Organized training in poultry, bee-keeping, dairy farming and sewing through local government
- Start small scale enterprise demonstration project: chicken raising, bee-keeping
Read: blog FLP
- Incorporate the basic health education materials developed into adult literacy curricula.
- Seniors provide story-telling and history to the “captive audience.”
- Invite professionals to present to the women’s classes about various topics relevant to them.
- Start small- scale poultry, honeybees and dairy projects.
- Provide home budgeting and small -scale enterprise training.
- Start small business classes and mentoring program.
Find out how your visit, medical volunteering, international internship, student volunteering, volunteer teaching and / or donations can help us reach our goal of sustainable development in Aleta Wondo, Ethiopia. For more information about Common River and how you can help, contact us today.